Saturday, November 19, 2016

Cutting Line Designs are basically loose fitting, easy to sew and stylish.  I like loose designs when the heat and humidity strike.  This is # 11306 Snap To It.  I rarely follow pattern directions because I am quite picky about seam finishes and bulk.  I'm not super fond of serged seam allowances. I use them when I need to.  I prefer clean finishes whenever possible.  I prefer not to use fusible products because they add some stiffness to the fabric.  I always hand baste.  If I don't care for the placement or fit I can easily remove basting stitches but not glue.  That's the beauty of sewing... every step is custom!  Why settle for ready-to-wear when you can create a custom garment?

I used a zipper with large plastic teeth for the closure and decoration.  The fabric is a cotton silk and viscose blend with somewhat rigid thread ribs.  I had purchased the same fabric in two different colors from Sawyer Brook Distinctive Fabrics back in 2005.  Most of my fabrics curate until they 'speak to me'.












This is Burda July 95.  The hemline is distinctive.






No comments:

Post a Comment