Friday, May 31, 2019

Another Butterick 6208 with Tucks.

Here we go again.  Another Butterick 6208 pattern!  I have several tops and dresses from this pattern.  Tucks are really popular in so many retail stores.  I have used cotton lawn, light weight linen, broad cloth and rayon.  All of these natural fibers will take a beautiful press.

These gorgeous buttons are from the Button and Notion store located in Rockville Centre, Long Island.  They have the most beautiful buttons!


This is a very fluid rayon fabric from Sawyer Brook (Clinton, MA)   Most of my fabrics curate for a while.   I rarely use fabrics as soon as I purchase them.

This beautiful linen and cotton blend came from Banksville fabrics in Connecticut.  They will gladly mail samples.  Great staff!   I need to get back to the button store and find some cute buttons for this dress.
I used Totally Stable fusible paper to space my tucks.  Please look at photos on older post.   March 8 and March 15, 2019.

I am very fortunate to have the integrated dual feed system in my Berninas.   I find the dual feed system produces smoother top stitching.   I used the Bernina #57 foot with the right side flange to create perfectly straight tucks.  Love those feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment